- that if AutoShare accepts my Application, the Application will become a binding contract, and
- that Autoshare's Acceptance of my Application is subject to AutoShare receiving verification from my home carshare that I am a member in good standing and that I meet AutoShare's Insurance criteria. The process must be completed before a Roaming Membership is activated.
I will read through the online welcome pages http://autoshare.com/welcome/ and I will follow the guidelines, procedures and policies provided on the four pages (‘WELCOME’, ‘RESERVING’, ‘DRIVING’ & ‘FINE PRINT’).
I agree to observe the Terms and Conditions of Membership which describe the rights and responsibilities of Members and AutoShare, and which will be made available to me online and upon request. I recognize that AutoShare may amend the Terms and Conditions of Membership and Price List therein at any time.
If my Application is accepted AutoShare will, subject to all the Terms and Conditions of Membership and this application:
- provide me with access to vehicles owned or rented by it, and
- pay for vehicle related expenses such as gas, tires, maintenance and certain repairs.
I understand that AutoShare will endeavor to ensure vehicles are clean, reliable and well maintained and will periodically inspect the vehicles. However, I recognize that:
- members share responsibility for the maintenance and safety of vehicles by promptly reporting any problems;
- AutoShare's periodic inspection of vehicles is supplementary to the inspection of vehicles by members;
- AutoShare does not make any representations or warranties as to the fitness or condition of any vehicle.
I will be responsible for paying any fees owing to Autoshare arising out of my use of AutoShare vehicles in addition to any monthly or annual fees. I agree that this money will be a debt due and payable to AutoShare and that AutoShare has a lien on any Deposit (deposit required for pre-paid 'credit' cards, and unreliable credit cards please see our Payment Policy) that I have made to cover the full amount owing. I understand that AutoShare will ensure that vehciles are insured under a standard insurance policy.
I understand that I am responsible for the Insurance Deductible (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) and any costs not covered by the insurance on claims where I am at fault. I further understand that I will be charged for repairs less than the Insurance Deductible where I am at fault.
I recognize that AutoShare will not give me any warranty or guarantee except as follows:
AutoShare will use reasonable care in the performance of its services. Autoshare will have a program of regular maintenance and will deal in a reasonable way with defects that are reported to it. However, AutoShare will not be liable to me for any damages or losses however caused arising out of or in connection with:
- a vehicle not being available when it was supposed to be: and/or
- any malfunction of or deficiency in a vehicle, whether or not by accident, physical injury or property damage results; and or
- any defect in a vehicle, or any breach of warranty or other obligation by any manufacturer or supplier or repairer of a vehicle
The above expresses the full obligation of AutoShare to the Member and is instead of a warranty, whether expressed or implied. In no event will AutoShare be liable for any damage or injury to persons or property, or loss of profits, or any indirect or consequential damages, however caused.
I also understand that any refund due to me (deposit required for pre-paid 'credit' cards, and unreliable credit cards please see our Payment Policy) requires notice to AutoShare in writing and will be paid 90 days after my final invoice has been issued and paid AND ONLY AFTER any other monies owed to AutoShare have been paid.
In the case where there are multiple drivers on the account, I take responsibility for the other drivers on the account. AutoShare can place liens against the deposit and the account for debts due and owing from any driver on the account.
In the case where there are multiple drivers on the account, I understand that our liability for the account is both joint and severable.
In the case where there are multiple drivers on the account, I understand that any refunds will be made payable to the main member only.